Friday, August 23, 2019

Wherever you find freedom: Fly There!




Wherever you sense freedom... fly there
FLY there
fly There
FLY THERE!!

Wherever freedom for you brings freedom for me
For them, for they, for she
For Black, for Brown, for Yellow, for Red
Wherever you sense freedom for WE!
In Unity in Diversity!
FLY there!
fly THERE!!
FLY THERE!!!
Fly there for/with me
Fly there



Its funny how art that comes to us, speaks long after it has emerged through us.
The art practices presencing itself among us as if The Giver's Word were new every morning, even as it lives long across time….

The first stanza of the poem above and the painting that brought the poem forth emerged as I spent weeks engaging a particular struggle for full inclusion of the LGTBQ community as fully, whole, beloveds of Elohim, Creator God.

Today as I continue learning to walk an anti-racist, anti-colonialist, anti-oppression life, I heard the first stanza of this poem again.  I saw this bird in flight again.
Wherever you sense freedom... fly there
FLY there
fly There
FLY THERE!!

I remembered being held by armed guards in a Middle Eastern country airport for over an hour and the earlier bird from which this New Bird above was born.



The first bird was a prayer of flight for All women of the world, who are ALL formed as an expression of Elohim: Unity in diversity and bound together in our struggle for freedom of oppression from patriarchy.  

Today I read: I Was Wrong About Race: Posted by JR. Forastero and reposted by Michelle Reyes and The Art of Telah www.theartoftaleh.com

I read again the meaning of Elohim, the Hebrew name for God, translated by Neil-Douglas Klotz as “unity in diversity”.
And the second stanza of this poem came to be.

Wherever freedom for you brings freedom for me
For them, for they, for she
For Black, for Brown, for Yellow, for Red
Wherever you sense freedom for WE!
In Unity in Diversity!
FLY there!
fly THERE!!
FLY THERE!!!
Fly there for/with you/me/we
Fly there

Truly, there is no flight towards freedom for one of us, without choosing flight that is directed towards freedom for all of us! Lets live as anti-oppressionists, flying towards peace together shall we?

Amen and amen… may it be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment