Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Walking With-Walking Freely-Walking Forward

Walking with one another against those who trod on others is necessary.
Walking Freely is only possible when our steps are peaceful.
Walking forward as Beauty becoming manifest through humanity happens only when we walk with one another, the Earth and the Great Spirit of life that holds us, in peace.

These are the ways of the great ones! These are the life giving ways I have found in every tribe, people group and life giving faith experience I have been amongst. Walking WITH, walking Free, walking Forward as Beauty becoming manifest through humanity are the ways of resilient people.  These are the ways of the strongest, whom have endured great struggle, unfathomable pain and unspeakable torture and moved forward towards peace.  Native Americans from many tribes, peoples of the revolutions in Central and South America, undocumented people's in the US; Cambodian, Hmong, Laotian refugees, my brothers and sisters of the African American/Black American communities, Black African peoples who walk this way have taught the world so much.  Religious leaders who humbly speak of and work to live well with the Creator, Giver and Spirit of Life that is whole and based in Beauty, Justice, Compassion, Mercy, Peace and Lovingkindness, have also taught me so much.

As I continue my research on Human Trafficking and in particular sex trafficking, I am thankful to come across so many organizations walking with one another, in powerful, united steps towards peace, for the sake of restoring dignity to the full of Humanity.  One in particular is Global Alliance Against Traffic in Women(GAATW).  The extent of the efforts of this group to walk in partnership and in non-violence has informed and helped me to understand the great complexities, contributing factors and necessary partnerships of effective advocacy against trafficking of women.  

Primary to me now, is that the way out of suffering is most profoundly known by the one who has endured suffering!  I go to Nepal to be with women and children, to be loving presence as we engage in art making, and being together in ways that are creative, honoring and Hope filled.  I go to Nepal as a quite learner of the ways of the teachers there, and as a woman who has known the painful experience of dominance in many forms, including my personal, professional and religious life.  I go to Nepal as a woman who practices listening for the emerging heart of of Hope that springs from the suffering there, that leads to resilience, that leads to fighting for freedom of oppression and enslavement for all humanity, and that leads to Peace: Beauty of Humanity fully realized.

Thank you so much to all who have contributed to this work!  I am so humbled and thankful that bringing opportunities for healing and reduction in human suffering, matters so much to so many.

As I prepare to leave, I want to encourage anyone who is still considering helping me get to Nepal, Please, give today!  I have still a deficit of over $600 of identified expenses yet to be covered in addition to travel expenses I will incur on the trip.
The most expedient way to donate is to go to:

gofundme.com/Hope-Rising-Amidst

or make a tax exempt donation by check mailed to: Nepal CO/Sunset Covenant Church
                                                                                   18555 NW Rock Creek Blvd.
                                                                                   Portlad, Oregon 97229
I am most grateful too for your prayers!
Prayer is the greatest sustenance of Life I know, thank you for giving prayer!

With much love, and a blank canvass, waiting to be filled with what will emerge as we share life in community in Nepal, I sign out for know.


May peace be in you, Beauty find you and Joy that springs forth from love
                          abound in and through you this day!
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment